Of all the different casino games, Baccarat rules would be the simplest to learn and understand.
First and foremost, you are allowed to bet on who you think will win the hand with your choices being the banker, the player or a tie.
The idea of Baccarat is to get closest to 9. All tens and face cards are worth zero. Ace is worth one and all other cards are their face value.
A player will receive a minimum of two cards and a maximum of three. In Baccarat you can not bust. 8 and 6 make 14 but that becomes four and the player will receive one final card.
If the first two cards received add up to 8 or 9, the hand is declared a ‘natural’ which is like a Blackjack in Blackjack. A natural 9 though beats a natural 8.
If either the banker or player receives a natural, no more cards are given out.
The player always receives another card when the hand total is five or less and unless the banker has a natural, stands on six and seven.
Like Blackjack, winning hands pay 1:1 and if you bet on a tie and it occurs you receive a payout of 8:1.
As the Baccarat rules make all decisions automatic there is no much room in Baccarat for systems and strategies.
These are the Baccarat rules:
1. If either the player or the banker has a natural no more cards are drawn and the hand is over. If both player and banker receive naturals, the hand is a tie.
2. If the players total is 5 or less he receives a third card.
3. If the player does not received a third card, then the banker stands on 6 or more and hits on 5 or less. If the player does take a third card then these are the rules for the banker.
4. If the banks total is 2 or less then bank hits, regardless of what the players third card is.
5. If the banks total is 3 then the bank hits unless the players third card was an 8.
6. If the banks total is 4 then the bank hits unless the players third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
7. If the banks total is 5 then the bank hits if the players third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
8. If the banks total is 6 then the bank hits if the players third card was a 6 or 7.
9. If the banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
Once the final cards are dealt, the score of the player and dealer are compared. The winning hand is the one with the greater total.